Appointments and Tastings
Design consultations are held with Katrina at the Kats Cakes Studio located @ 52 Ayr Street Doncaster, 3108. Design consultations are by APPOINTMENT ONLY and are held on Saturday’s 8.30am till 1pm and Tuesdays 3pm till 7pm. So we can run on time, please make sure you arrive 5 minutes before your booked appointment time
What to Bring To help with the design process, it’s important to bring along with you as much information as possible. This helps us to get an insight into your personality and understand your thoughts, ideas and styles. As each cake is quoted on an individual basis, information on styles and service method are also important to give you an accurate estimate of costs.
Things to consider before your appointment:
- Guest numbers
- Serving method – Tea/coffee/take home portion (50 gm finger serving)
- Dessert serve (larger portion served as the only dessert)
- Would you like to keep any cake? Traditionally the top tier of a wedding cake was saved for the first born or anniversary. Modern brides now look to save the top or some part of the cake to enjoy with family members in the weeks after the event. As everyone is different, the choice to keep any cake at all is entirely a personal preference
- Colour swatch samples – colour can be subjective so if you are wanting to incorporate a specific colour please bring a fabric or paper sample so we can match to or as close as possible
- Decoration ideas – images from Pinterest, Instagram or magazines help us get an idea on the types of cake styles you like. From her we can also look at decorations also such as flowers, dress fabrics, invitations, and jewellery to help bring inspiration to the design process and develop your own custom cake design. The showroom also has cake designs on show to give you an idea on real life sizes as well as our own portfolio to view our previous works.
- Venue Details
We take a lot of pride in our baked product. So we can offer our complete range for clients to try, we now have available tasting packs on the first Saturday of each month. Freshly Baked packages are available for $25.00 and include the whole Kats Cakes range (excluding fruit cake). The tasting pack is design for the Bride and groom and consists of 10 flavours and two serves. Tasting packs must be pre ordered by the week prior via email to email@example.com or telephoning Katrina on 0409421 507 – please do not text your order.